Offered to selected students who need professional coaching in dance in order to integrate the DCS or ACS programs.
*Please note that this program is only available to Canadian citizens.
This program is for you…
- If you wish to join the ACS (DEC technique Danse-interprétation) or the ACS (AEC) but need to improve your dancing skills before doing so.
- If movement is a way for you to express yourself, especially contemporary dance.
- If you dream to become a professional dancer.
- If you wish satisfy your passion for dance before completing your university degree.
- If you have a strong background in dance.
- If you are in good physical shape.
- If you already have a degree in an artistic field and wish to broaden your abilities and experiences.
What you need to know about our Preparatory Year
The Preparatory Year consists of an 18-hour-per-week technical training in contemporary dance over 4 days.
The classes include, among other things, a practical training in contemporary dance and ballet. The Preparatory Year starts in early August and lasts until May.
Thanks to the professional coaching you will receive for the entire duration of the Preparatory Year, you will develop the ability to physically embody the emotions and intentions associated with contemporary choreographic languages. You will also get a taste of what being a professional dancer means which will help you decide whether you want to go further.
Note that this program enables students to follow full-time studies at the Cégep - in parallel to their contemporary dance training at L'EDQ during the Preparatory Year - provided they are accepted by the Cégep. This allows students to have access to scholarship programs.
The perks of studying at L'EDQ
Your development is L'EDQ's prime concern. Our training program in contemporary dance has been conceived so that you can reach your full potential and be ready to enter the world of professional dancers by the time you graduate. By choosing L'EDQ, you :
- Increase your versatility since you will get to work with several experienced and emerging artists with diverse choreographic signatures.
Reveal how expressive your body can be thanks to the most up-to-date methods in teaching dance such as the somatic movement approach, yoga, pilates, Feldenkrais and Franklin®'s methods...
- Engage in a sane and safe practice of contemporary dance thanks to the emphasis we put on training, bio-mecanical knowledge and preventing/handling injuries through personal coaching .
- Interact with the milieu right from the start by coming across experienced dancers and choreographers on a daily basis and by taking part in projects borne by professional dancers and choreographers.
- Will perform on stage multiple times each year in new or existing creations.
- Broaden your horizons by being part of international dance creations or multidisciplinary creations with other art schools (circus, acting...).
- Benefit from the synergies within the Groupe Danse Partout inc. (which comprises L'École de danse de Québec, la Maison pour la danse, La Rotonde) : discounted tickets, more opportunities as a young choreographer, etc.
- Forge meaningful and lasting relationships thanks to the friendly and trustful atmosphere we are building in the school.
- Practice dance in inspiring premises : our studios are spacious, filled with light and up to professional standards.
- Experience living in lovely Québec, a buzzing city filled with culture, history and nature.
Admission criteria and process
- Successfully take part in the auditions in Québec City or in France;
- Have a DES or a diploma deemed equivalent;
- For international students, perform all the administrative duties required to attend a college in Québec.
Registration fee : 200 $
For getting detailed information about our tuition fees for Canadian and non-Canadian citizens*, please contact us!
*Please note that it is possible to make a series of payments.
Annual costs for clothing, school supplies and cultural activities amount to approximately 500$.
Student for a day
See for yourself what awaits you at L'École de danse de Québec thanks to our "Student for a day program" !
By taking part in it, you'll see what it's like to be a student in our Professional Program during a day or half a day. You will be given the opportunity to observe and even participate in certain classes, meet both students and professors, visit our studios... This is a great opportunity for you to ask all the questions you may have and make sure it is the right program for you!
Please get in touch with us directly if you want to take part in it!
Need more information?
418 649-4715 #235 email@example.com